It’s important to have a discussion with a solar service provider to determine if a PV system is the right choice for your home. Please see the following consumer guides for information on how to select a solar installer and questions to ask:
- SESA Residential Guide to going Solar
- SESA Solar Toolkit (provides guidance on how to calculate the return on investment of a solar project)
- SESA How to Choose a Solar Provider Checklist
- CANSIA Consumer Guide for going Solar
Solar installers must be on either the SESA or CANSIA directory to be eligible to participate in the RCSP.
- SESA Solar Providers Directory
- CanSIA Qualified Providers Directory
- Alberta Installer Required Qualifications
- SESA How to Choose a Solar Provider guide
The Micro-Generation Regulation, established in 2008, allows Albertans to meet their own electricity needs by generating electricity from renewable or alternative energy sources. In order to qualify for an incentive, applicants must be an approved micro-generator under Alberta’s Micro-Generation Regulation.