The following are eligible to participate in the Residential and Commercial Solar Program:
- All homeowners with homes in the province. Single and multi-family homes are eligible.
- All businesses with facilities in the province.
- Non-profits with facilities in the province except facilities that qualify under the Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP). Non-profit community-related organizations (CROs) with a project located on municipally owned facilities or on municipally owned land qualify under the AMSP and will not be eligible for the RCSP.
To qualify for funding under the Residential and Commercial Solar Program, all projects must be:
- Grid connected and compliant with the Government of Alberta’s Micro-generation Regulation (AR27/2008), as amended from time to time;
- System is designed and installed by a qualified installer (not self-installed) and system components meet the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) requirements for electrical safety, or equivalent certification to applicable Canadian standards;
- New installation, where “new” is defined as installations that have an interconnection approval from the wire service provider signed on or after April 15th, 2017, and installed within 6 months of the application date for residential systems and 12 months for commercial or non-profit systems. Additionally, all components must be new and cannot have been used in an energized solar array at any point in the past;
- Must not have received an incentive for a solar PV system on the same parcel/property/site ID under this program or another provincial solar incentive program;
- System’s modules must have at least a 20-year pro-rated warranty from the manufacturer; and the System’s inverter(s) and/or micro-inverter(s) must have at least a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer;
- System must be designed to produce at least 75% yield of a system with optimal azimuth and tilt at that location.
The following project types are ineligible for the Residential and Commercial Solar Program:
- Projects eligible for the Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP), the Alberta Indigenous Solar Program (AISP), Growing Forward On-Farm Solar PV Program, or any other provincial solar incentive program that may follow;
- Projects located on temporary structures.
- Off-grid solar PV systems and all solar thermal projects.
The following products are not supported by the Residential and Commercial Solar Program:
- Solar powered water heaters
- Solar light tubes
- Solar signs
- Solar LED fixtures
- Solar battery storage systems
- Solar integrated chillers